South Winneshiek Community School District
Board of Education Regular Board Meeting
January 14, 2019
The January 14, 2019 regular board meeting of the South Winneshiek Community School District Board of Education was called to order at 6:00 pm by president Mihm-Herold.
Roll Call: Present: Bob Busch, Patricia Schissel, Don Schroeder, Corey Meyer, Wendy Mihm Herold.
After the pledge of allegiance was recited a motion as made by Busch and seconded by Meyer to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
Review and discussion about board minutes, financials, bills, appointments, resignations, open enrollments and donations took place. Moved by Schroeder and seconded by Busch to approve the consent items as presented which included the resignation of Connie Formanek as Drama Musical Director and the acceptance of a piano donated by Ron and Brandi Hemesath at a value of $350. Motion carried unanimously.
President Mihm-Herold welcomed visitors.
- Moved by Schissel and seconded by Meyer to approve the second and final reading of board policies 404.1R and 404.R2. Motion carried unanimously.
- Moved by Busch and seconded by Schroeder to approve the sale of bus 9 by sealed bids with a$700 minimum bid being accepted. The sale will be published in the paper for two weeks.Motion carried unanimously.
- Moved by Schroeder and seconded by Busch to approve the first reading of board policies 707.5to 710.4 with the request that Mihm-Herold and Busch review all policy changes again before the second reading. Motion carried unanimously.
- Mrs. Devore, Mr. Halverson and Mr. Einck presented their reports to the board.
- Next regular meeting February 11, 2019 in the Calmar Board Room.
Moved by Schroeder, seconded by Schissel to adjourn at 6:46pm. Motion carried unanimously.
Kris Smith – Board Secretary
Wendy Mihm-Herold – Board President