Friday, Feb. 28 2020, Cycle 20 , Day 5
Mr. Wenthold’s classes will report to Study Hall today.
- THE SOUTH WINN VARIETY SHOW – hosted by Abe Schmitt & Carson Brincks – Friday night, February 28th, 7:00 pm, SWHS Auditorium- $5 Admission
- Mrs. Roy’s classes will report to Study Hall today. Ms. Roy’s 4th mod will eat 4B only today
- Reminder : this week is FFA Week!! Dress-up Days are:
- Monday – Official Dress
- Tuesday – FFA Shirt
- Wednesday – Ag “Hick” Nation (America and boots)
- Thursday – Life on the Farm (Dress up as a farmer or an animal)
- Friday – Flannel Friday – Flannels & Boots
- Remember each day you dress up and get your picture taken during advisory, your name goes in a drawing for a $10 Kwik Star Gift Card Give Away each day!!
- SOUTH WINN POST PROM POP CAN DRIVE: Drop off your empty bottles and cans to either of the following locations: SWHS Student Parking Lot (near Greenhouse), or SW E/MS Upper Parking Lot near Gym on Saturday, March 7th, 8 am to 12:00 noon. ALL PROCEEDS RAISED WILL DIRECTLY BENEFIT THE 2020 SWHS Post Prom!
- SUGAR BOWL ICE CREAM COMPANY FUNDRAISER – $6/pint – 16 Flavors. Contact a Junior to place your order
- South Winn Trap Shooting Team Fundraiser: Chicken Dinner Sunday, March 1st, 11:00-1:00, Festina Comm. Center – Mike Reicks chicken plus the trimmings
- Students who participate in trap shooting need to complete a hunter safety course. A hunter safety course will be offered at the Decorah Fox & Coon Club on March 28-29th.
- LOOKING FOR 2020 LIFEGUARDS-Please fill out the application (on the office counter) and return to the City Clerk’s Office at 101 S Washington St (beside the library) in Calmar as soon as possible. South Winn Rec has hired Leah Knutson as our pool manager. And we are excited that Melissa Ward will be back too.
- SODA MEMBERS: We will be embarking on our annual ski trip to Mt. LaCrosse. On Saturday, February 29th. We will depart at 10:00 a.m. and return by 7:30 p.m. Pricing ranges from $26-46, depending on your need for rental equipment. Please check your schedules, fill out the forms, and submit your payment to the office in a marked envelope. Parent chaperones are welcome to come along and ski; please contact Mrs. Peters if your parent is interested in chaperoning.
- College Visits:
- Minnesota State College Southeast rep will be here on Friday, April 17th @ 10:30 am. This is a community college that has campuses located in Winona and Red Wing, Minnesota. Please sign up if you would like to visit with the representative.
Fri. Feb.28th – baked fish, WG bun, French fries, coleslaw, peaches
Mon. March 2nd – Country fried beef patty, scalloped potatoes, green beans, bread, apple