The role of the SIAC is to meet the requirements of Iowa Code Section 280.12(2), the South Winneshiek School Board of Education appoints a School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC) with making recommendations to the Board on an annual basis. Based on the committee members’ analysis of the needs assessment data, they will make recommendations to the Board about the following components:
Major educational needs
Student learning goals
Curriculum, assessment and instruction
Long range and annual goals that include, but are not limited to, the state indicators that address reading, mathematics, and science achievement
Desired levels of student performance.
Progress toward meeting the goals set out in lines 2 through 5.
Bullying and harassment prevention goals, programs, training, and other initiatives
Any other issues which relate to school improvement
The School Improvement Advisory Committee membership consists of members representing students, parents, teachers, administrators, and representatives from the local community, which may include representatives of business, industry, labor, community agencies, high education, or other community constituents. This committee’s task is to make decisions that impact students and create conditions that foster high academic achievement. The SIAC makes decisions based on the best interest of students aligned with the district’s mission, vision, and beliefs. SIAC is also responsible to assess the attitudes and perceptions of our school population and encourage a positive school climate.
- SIAC Agenda & Minutes January 22, 2020
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 10/23/19
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 5/1/19
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 1/23/19
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 10/23/18
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 4/23/18
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 1/24/18
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 10/25/17
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 4/26/17
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 12/21/16
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 2/2/15
- SIAC Meeting Agenda/Minutes 2/3/14