Thursday, Feb. 6, 2020, Cycle 18, Day 4
- Mr. Wenthold’s classes will report to Study Hall today.
- It’s still possible to be a part of the individual speech team. If you haven’t already, contact Mr. Straube for more details or join the Schoology group by visiting https://swinn.schoology.com/groups/school and using code G3R4X-G5JQ7
- The junior class student government is selling Valentine’s baked goods. A survey was sent to everyone to order them, and that it is open till Friday to order. The money is to be given to a junior class officer on Monday. Then the goodies will be sent out 8th mod on the 13th.
- All those who are interested in going out for golf (boys and girls) should go to Mr. Wenthold’s room on Friday during advisory for a meeting.
- Friday will be a Mandatory FFA group picture in the Auditorium during Advisory in the auditorium. All members should be in Official Dress and in attendance for the newspapers that are coming to take pictures. If you need a jacket for an official dress, contact Mrs. Hageman or another FFA member who has extra jackets from their older siblings.
- Freshman and first-year members wanting a Jacket will be sized on Friday after the FFA group pictures.
- Musical Auditions will be held in the auditorium Thursday, February 13th beginning at 1:30. There will be audition packets available in Mr. Adams’ room this Friday. All those interested are encouraged to attend. Nothing need be memorized.
- Mrs. Emery will be doing ACT prep during Advisory this week for those who are interested. If you plan to attend, please pick up a practice booklet from Mrs. Euans or Mrs. Emery and work on the math section so you can come with specific questions.
- SODA members: We will be embarking on our annual ski trip to Mt. LaCrosse on Saturday, February 29th. We will depart at 10:00 a.m. and return by 7:30 p.m. Pricing ranges from $26-46, depending on your need for rental equipment. Please check your schedules, fill out this form, and submit your payment to the office in a marked envelope by February 21 to commit. Parent chaperones are welcome to come along and ski; please contact Mrs. Peters if your parent is interested in chaperoning.
- FFA Officer Applications must be completed electronically and then printed to get signatures they are due Feb 11th.
- The Winneshiek County Cattlemen’s Association has Beef Royalty applications available for the 2020/2021 royalty court. We have applications for Little Miss Cowgirl, Little Mr. Cowhand, and the Beef Queen [forms available in the Ag Room). Contact Kenzie Hovden at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
- Fruit money must be turned ASAP or students will be billed and not able to participate in the upcoming FFA contests and conventions.
- College Visits:
- Minnesota State College Southeast rep will be here on Friday, April 17th @ 10:30 am. This is a community college that has campuses located in Winona and Red Wing, Minnesota. Please sign up if you would like to visit with the representative.
- Congratulations to the Following students who are advancing to State for their FFA record books. Students were judged at Districts in Independence last night.
- Iowa Degrees
- Carson Brincks – Approved
- Anna-Britt Approved – Correctable Errors
- Proficiency Applications
- Carson Brincks – Gold Advance to State – Fruit Production
- Anna-Britt Lien – Gold Advance to State – Speciality Animal Production
- Quentin Hageman – Bronze Advance to State – Fiber & Oil Crop Production
- Ashley Elsbernd – Silver Advance to State in Veterinary Science
- Holly Schmitt – Bronze Advance to State in Equine Science
- Iowa Degrees
Thur. Feb. 6th– Chili, cinnamon roll, mandarin oranges
Fri. Feb. 7th – chicken fajitas, lettuce, tomato, & cheese, corn & black bean salsa, chips, pineapple