Parents & Guardians: 5/18/2020
First off, I want to thank you for your patience and understanding through the Covid-19 Pandemic. It truly has turned things upside down and there are still more questions than answers. I also want to thank the Teaching Staff here at South Winneshiek. This has not been easy for them, but they are a very dedicated group of professionals and willing to go the extra mile for our kids. We are not sure what school will look like in August, but we are preparing and excited to go.
Student Check Out-
Student check-out will be on Tuesday, May 26th and Wednesday, May 27th. Students will be allowed to pick up personal belongings and turn in laptops and books during these two days.
A-M- Students with last names beginning A–M can come to South Winneshiek High School on Tuesday, May 26th from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
N-Z- Students with last names beginning N–Z can come to South Winneshiek High School on Wednesday, May 27th from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
We ask that students practice the social distancing guidelines. Teachers will be wearing masks and wearing gloves.
Reminders for students and parents:
Only 10 students at a time will be allowed into the high school. When students enter the building they should go to their lockers and clean them out. Next they should go to their respective classrooms and turn in textbooks and other items necessary. Then they should report to the library to turn in their laptop. Lastly they can see Mrs. Euans about any scheduling changes needed. Students should then exit the building and not congregate on school grounds.
- Please bring back computers, chargers, and computer bags.
- Bring any library books, textbooks, and band instruments etc.
- Don’t forget your PE clothes, they are in your PE locker
- Medications, Karen and Linda will be in the office, please pick them up.
- Please take home all of your possessions.
Please keep in mind:
- We went by the alphabet to lessen the crowd.
- If you have health issues, or do not feel comfortable entering the building, please call the school or contact firstname.lastname@example.org & we will make other arrangements.
- We will need you to get in and get out fairly quickly. Inevitably people will want to chat, but we really need you to keep that to a minimum as we are trying to be as safe as possible and follow the governor’s guidelines.
Thanks again for your patience and understanding. Looking forward to the 2020-21 school year.