Thursday, January 30, 2020, Cycle 17, Day 5
- Are you in need of some purple cord hours? This Saturday, volunteers are needed to work the concession stand at the high school for the Parks and Rec basketball tournament. The event begins at 8AM and will finish around 6PM. Grab a friend and work a shift, work by yourself, any help is greatly appreciated! Please let Mrs. Munuswamy know ASAP so that she can relay this information to the parks and rec department.
- All students will report to the Aud. during Advisory on Friday for a program by Alan Heavens, District Court Judge
- SENIORS: A reminder: Monday, Feb. 3rd all Seniors will go to NICC for a program on “Human Trafficking” from 10:30-11:30. Bus transportation will be provided.
- FFA Proficiency and Iowa Degree applications must be printed and signed by Feb 1 or they will be disqualified. Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are eligible to apply and should email Mrs. Hageman for help or questions.
- FFA Officer Applications must be completed electronically and then printed to get signatures they are due Feb 11th.
- The Winneshiek County Cattlemen’s Association has Beef Royalty applications available for the 2020/2021 royalty court. We have applications for Little Miss Cowgirl, Little Mr. Cowhand, and the Beef Queen [forms available in the Ag Room). Contact Kenzie Hovden at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
- On Monday, February 3, the entire senior class will be attending a presentation by David Zach at NICC. The presentation is 10:30-11:30AM. So if you are a student who doesn’t have class until after advisory, you will still need to be at the school by 10:10 to assure that we have time to load the bus and get to the location. If you have conflicts, please let Mrs. M know prior to the day of the event. This will be important and relevant information for you as you head into your post-secondary life.
- Fruit money must be turned ASAP or students will be billed and not able to participate in the upcoming FFA contests and conventions.
- College Visits:
- The Hawkeye Community College rep will be here on Monday, February 3rd @ 10:30
- University of Wisconsin – Platteville rep will be here on Monday, April 6th @ 10:00
Thur. Jan. 30th- Mandarin orange chicken over rice, steamed veggie blend, dinner roll, pears
Fri. Jan. 31st– taco salad, refried beans, chips, tomato, lettuce & cheese, Cuban Corn & black bean salsa, bread, peaches