The South Winneshiek CSD Board of Education held their regular board meeting on June 13, 2022, in the boardroom in Calmar. The meeting was called to order by board president Wendy Mihm-Herold at 5:31 pm.
After the Pledge of Allegiance was recited roll call took place: Present: Craig Neuzil, Patricia Schissel, Don Schroeder, Ron Hemesath and Wendy Mihm-Herold. Absent: None
Moved by Schroeder and seconded by Neuzil to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
Review and discussion about previous minutes, bills, appointments, resignations, open enrollments, and donations took place. Moved by Neuzil and seconded by Hemesath to approve consent items as presented which included the appointments of Brennan Williams – 9-12 Principal $80,000; Linda Lennon – Cook Helper $12.00; Brandy Wenthold – Para BA/AA with Sub Teaching part-time $15.65 and .19 FTE Teacher $7630.97. Resignations: Harley McCabe – Wrestling Cheerleading coach, Volleyball Coach; Becky Walz – Paraprofessional, Jaden Severson – paraprofessional, Diane Langreck – paraprofessional. Motion carried unanimously.
Mihm-Herold welcomed visitors.
Old Business: None
- Mary McEnaney presented the EMC Insurance renewal to the board. Moved by Hemesath and seconded by Schroeder to approve the EMC Insurance Renewal at a rate of $145,851.90. Motion carried unanimously.
- Moved by Schissel and seconded by Neuzil to approve the sharing agreement with Winneshiek Medical Center for athletic trainer for $2,759.00. Motion carried unanimously. Mihm-Herold commented that this is the best spent money for our athletic services. Heather does an outstanding job being available to our student athletes.
- Moved by Neuzil and seconded by Schissel to set the cell phone reimbursement at $30.00 and to table the approval of mileage rates until the August meeting. Motion carried unanimously.
- Moved by Schroeder and seconded Hemesath to approve the sharing agreement with North Fayette Valley of Human Resource Director/Payroll specialist for $23,676.03 for the FY23 school year. Motion carried unanimously.
- Moved by Hemesath and seconded by Schissel to select the legislative priorities being: 1. School Funding. 2. AEA. 3. Brain Health. 4. Teacher Recruitment & Licensure. Motion carried unanimously.
- Moved by Neuzil and seconded by Schroeder to approve the 2022 SW District ICAP Plan (Implementation of the Career and Academic Planning process). Motion carried unanimously. The board thanked the counselors for their outstanding job of preparing and assisting students identifying a career and academic pathway to their future.
- Moved by Neuzil and seconded by Schissel to approve the contract with Hometown Ticketing for providing season passes for the 2022-2023 athletic season. Student passes will be $50. Adult passes $80.00. Motion carried unanimously. Please watch for more information in the coming weeks on how to order season athletic passes.
Administrative Reports: Mr. Halverson did not present. Mr. Einck provided a report to the board.
Announcements The next regular meeting will be in the Calmar boardroom at 5:30pm on July 11, 2022.
Moved by Hemesath and seconded by Neuzil to adjourn at 6:27 pm. Motion carried unanimously.
Kris Smith Wendy Mihm-Herold
Board Secretary Board President