Thursday, October 17, 2019, Cycle 7, Day 2
- The Waldorf rep will be here TODAY @ 10:30.
- REMINDER: No School on Monday, Oct. 21st
- Girls’ Basketball sign-up is on the office counter
- NATIONAL SCHOOL LUNCH WEEK is this week, Oct. 14th-18th.
- The Lunch Ladies will be serving samples at lunch time all week.
- Make sure you stop by to try a different sample each day.
- Friday night’s spirit cup theme is VSCO. Please come to support the Warriors at their final home game and earn spirit points for your class. Only 2 more games to earn your class pizza party!
- The cheerleaders have some extra pink cups of cheer available for a $5 donation. They will have them at Friday’s football game. All proceeds will be given to our South Winn families battling breast cancer.
- From October 28th-November 8th we will be conducting an archery unit in the gym. For everyone’s safety please avoid going into the gym unless you are attending PE class. Entrance doors will remain locked during class sessions so students are asked to arrive on time for their PE class.
- Any students who are in an Ag Class Second Semester and are in FFA – If you would like to sell Fruit – please pick up forms in the Ag Room!!
- Farmers who farm over 250 acres please vote for the American Farmers Grow Rural Communities Grant!! Nominate the South Winneshiek FFA and the $2,500 grant will be put towards the purchase of a snack/vending machine at the Ossian Middle School location which will be managed by FFA members and be used to get middle school students involved in FFA and Agricultural Education!! Vote now until November 1st!! Vote here: https://www.americasfarmers.com/grow-communities/
- COLLEGE VISITS:
- The Minnesota State College Southeast Technical and Community College located in Red Wing, MN, rep will be here on Friday, Oct. 18th, @ 8:00 am
- The Mount Mercy rep will be here on Wednesday, October 30th @ 10:30. .
- The Iowa Central Community College rep will be here on Wednesday, November 6th at 10:30.
- The UW Platteville rep will be here on Friday, November 15th at 10:30.
Thursday’s Menu: chili, cheesesticks
Friday’s Menu: chicken fajitas, lettuce, tomato, cheese, corn & black bean salsa, chips, peaches