Monday, September 16, 2019, Cycle 3, Day 4
- Congratulations to the Homecoming Queen and King candidates:
- Leah Cullen, Makayla Hageman, Mackenzie Schirmer, Liz Tieskoetter
- Seth Greve, Zach Poshusta, Abe Schmitt, Emmett Schwartzhoff
- The U of I rep will be here today @ 10:30.
- The junior and senior class will be traveling to NICC campus to hear Brooks Harper speak TODAY from 12:30-2:30. .
- Two buses will be on the south side of school for students to load at 12:15. Jrs & Srs please make arrangements with your 5th, 6th and 7th hour teachers about being gone.
- SODA is heading to Waterloo this Saturday to go paintballing. Any members who want to go need to sign up, get online waivers signed, and turn in their $20 to the office by noon Tuesday. Details and links are posted in the SODA Schoology group. We need at least 20 people in order to get a group rate.
- There will be an FFA meeting TODAY at 6:30 PM. With Beef Brisket & Party Potatoes for supper!!!!
- The student government will meet in the library during advisory every day now through homecoming.
- The Class Float Selection Meeting will be held Tuesday, September 17th, during advisory. Class advisors should help supervise their advisees. Classes will report to the following locations.
- Seniors: Mrs. Holien’s Classroom
- Juniors: Lunch Room
- Sophomores: Study Hall
- Freshmen: Auditorium
- Any student interested in helping stream our volleyball games this fall, please stop in the office to talk to Karen or Linda. (job includes training, free admission & treats, and getting to sit in the crow’s nest!)
- Warrior Cup Spirit Nights
- September 20 Twinning is Winning night
- September 27: Warrior Spirit —Homecoming
- October 4: Camo Night
- October 11: Dig Pink Night
- October 18: Super Hero Night
- October 25: PJ Night
- Sgt. Tasha Throndson of the National Guard is planning to come to speak with all the Juniors and Seniors on September 25 in the auditorium during Advisory. She will also be bringing the rock wall, which all students can attempt after school.
- St. Wenceslaus Guild Craft Show is on Saturday, October 5th. We will also be baking kolaches on September 21st and 28th for the craft show. We start baking at 5 am and are usually done by 11 am. The craft show runs from 9 am until 3 pm. On the day of the craft show, we serve chicken noodle soup, hot chicken sandwiches, pies & desserts and sell kolaches by the dozen. We would appreciate even a couple of hours of help when it fits into your schedule. If you are able to help call Betty Soukup at 563-562-3442 or you can call or text her at 563-380-6559.
Monday’s Menu: pork ribbet, WG bun, baked beans, fresh carrots, pineapple
Tuesday’s Menu: Hot Dog/bun, potato wedges,fresh broccoli, peaches
- The Luther College rep will be here on Thursday, September 19th @ 10:30.
- The Wartburg rep will be here on Tuesday, October 1st @ 10:30
- The UNI rep will be here on Tuesday, October 8th at 10:30.
- The Upper Iowa rep will be here on Monday, October 14th @ 10:30.
- The Minnesota State College Southeast Technical and Community College located in Red Wing, MN, rep will be here on Oct 18th @ 8:00 a.m
- The Hawkeye Community College Rep will be here on October 22nd @ 10:30.
All College Rep visits are located in the auditorium unless Mrs. Euans lets you know otherwise.
Please sign up on the bulletin board or respond to her email if you are interested in attending either of these visits.