Friday, September 20, 2019, Cycle 3, Day 2
- The student government will meet in the library during advisory every day now through homecoming.
- Reminder: No School on Monday, Sept. 23rd – Teacher In-Service
- The sign-up sheet for the bags tournament during Homecoming is on the office counter. Please sign up by Wed. afternoon, Sept. 25th.
- Warrior Cup Spirit Nights
- September 20 Twinning is Winning night
- September 27: Warrior Spirit —Homecoming
- October 4: Camo Night October 11: Dig Pink Night
- October 18: Super Hero Night
- October 25: PJ Night
- Sgt. Tasha Throndson of the National Guard is planning to come to speak with all the Juniors and Seniors on September 25 in the auditorium during Advisory. She will also be bringing the rock wall, which all students can attempt after school.
- St. Wenceslaus Guild Craft Show is on Saturday, October 5th. We will also be baking kolaches on September 21st and 28th for the craft show. We start baking at 5 am and are usually done by 11 am. The craft show runs from 9 am until 3 pm. On the day of the craft show, we serve chicken noodle soup, hot chicken sandwiches, pies & desserts and sell kolaches by the dozen. We would appreciate even a couple of hours of help when it fits into your schedule. If you are able to help call Betty Soukup at 563-562-3442 or you can call or text her at 563-380-6559.
Friday’s Menu: taco pizza,, onion/salsa/tomato/black olives, r. lettuce & dressing, mixed fruit, cookie
Tuesday’s Menu: lil smokies, tri-wedge hashbrowns, french toast sticks, fresh carrots, strawberries
- The Wartburg rep will be here on Tuesday, October 1st @ 10:30
- The UNI rep will be here on Tuesday, October 8th at 10:30.
- The Upper Iowa rep will be here on Monday, October 14th @ 10:30.
- The Minnesota State College Southeast Technical and Community College located in Red Wing, MN, rep will be here on Oct 18th @ 8:00 a.m
- The Hawkeye Community College Rep will be here on October 22nd @ 10:30.
- The Mount Mercy rep will be here on Wednesday, October 30th @ 10:30.
Homecoming Expectations for Students 2019
- Students are expected to work on their class float with their class. Remember you should NOT be wandering around, but should be with your respective grade helping your class float.
- There will be NO leaving the grounds and NO driving allowed on Friday during the school day.
- Float building materials need to be dropped off at the sports complex prior to the start of the school day on Friday.
- Homecoming court will be able to leave on Friday at 11:30 am to go home and get ready for the parade.
- We will be eating at the sports complex weather permitting, otherwise the teachers will release the students to the high school for lunch. It is important to follow the same path back to the high school as you used walking down to the complex.
- The Pep Rally will begin at 12:30 pm at the sports complex weather permitting, otherwise it will be in the high school gym. High school students will sit on the west side of the gym. The ELMS and St. Teresa of Calcutta students will sit on the east side of the gym. Overflow will sit on the gym floor.
- It is very important that students pulling floats follow the parade route and finish the entire parade route because the ELMS and St Teresa of Calcutta students will be watching the parade and be spread out along the parade route.
- Finally, I want to stress that all high school students be on their best behavior and remember you all are role models for our younger students.