Submitted by Melissa Hageman
District Review night encompasses 36 schools that make up the district in Northeast Iowa, School size and class does not matter we all compete together.
We had one District Officer Candidate – Carson Brincks who had a great experience but sadly did not make the ballot.
Five Students applied and were approved to earn their Iowa Degree in April – Quentin Hageman, Olivia Massman, Jenna Knutson, Gracie Schmitt, and Makayla Hageman
We had 11 students apply for proficiency awards and 7 will be advancing to State. They are as follows.
- Hannah Hageman – Beef Production Entpenurship – Bronze
- Tony Hanson – Dairy Production Placement – Silver
- Olivia Massman – Diversified Livestock – Gold Advance
- Quentin Hageman – Fiber and Oil Crop Production – Silver Advance
- Calvin Knutson – Forage Production – Silver Advance
- Luke Frederick – Goat Production – Silver
- Carson Brincks – Grain Production – Silver Advance
- Dallas Hageman – Poultry Production – Bronze
- Savannah Wangsness – Small Animal Production – Bronze
- Anna-Britt Lien – Speciality Animal Production – Gold Advance
- Makayla Hageman Swine Production – Silver Advance
- Christian Fisher – Vegetable Production – Silver Advance
- Dallas Hageman also applied for the Organic Award
Results from those who advanced to State and a further advance to Nationals will be posted Saturday Night/Sunday!!! Great Job Everyone.
Students who are sophomores to freshman in college can apply. Each of these record book areas includes an extensively detailed record book of paid or unpaid hours and students ownership in their projects. Students keep track of their income and expenses, goals and skills while describing their roles and responsibilities with their project. Each school in our district can submit one entry in each of the 44 proficiency areas and two students advance to state. There are 36 schools that make up our Northeast District and there were 133 total submissions in our district. Great Job South Winn FFA!!!